Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I can't walk!

Today I moved sites from Leasburg Dam to Caballo state park.  After setting up camp, I walked with the dogs to make the payment at the self pay station.  On the way back, Hera informed me that she couldn't walk.  I thought that she must have a goat head sticker in her foot.  She held her hind foot up in the air, and when I tried to look at it, she screeched and pulled as if it was painful.  I tried again to look, and to feel it but she was uncooperative.  After getting us back into the motorhome, I tried again.  She just kept messing with it herself, but wouldn't allow me to really look at it.  


I have to lick and chew!
 I decided to give her a couple baby aspirin, mixed in tuna, and after a while she settled down. 

I'm calming down a bit!

Relief!
In retrospect, I believe that she got bit by an ant.  The ants here are HUGE!  I'm thinking that they are biters as well.  My past experience with biting ants is that they hurt a lot and itch terribly!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, poor Hera, ants are horrible. Hope her foot has calmed down a bit now.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope when Hera came too, she wasn't bothering with her paw anymore. I love how she is smiling in the last photo:)

    Hugs Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure sounds like an ant bite to me. The first time I got bitten by one I put on an awful show (according to Mum). I screeched and refused to walk and kept flicking my back leg as if I wanted it to go flying right off of my body. This went on for about 5 minutes. We were on a big walk and Mum thought she was going to have to carry me all the way home but after a while I calmed down enough to walk home although I did most of it on three legs. You may have guessed I'm a wuss!! I hate being hurt. Poor Hera ...... those things hurt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pooor sweet Hera! dont ya just wannna cuddle her up and make it all better? awwwwww

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.