Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Eureka!

Yesterday, I had a conversation with Patti, who has more quilting experience than I do.  


Patti

She and I talked about the difficulties that I was having with the quilting part of my quilt restoration.  The backing fabric was wrinkling and looking rather terrible to me, even though I was using an embroidery hoop to hold the fabric in place. 




Patti, suggested that I get some quilt clips to help hold the fabric as it is rolled up, and that I do a lot of hand basting to hold the different layers in place while I do the actual quilting.  So, I did look on the internet and order some quilt clips.  They arrived in the mail today!  

I think I am a bit confused about the basting and how big the stitches need to be, but I am going to baste and then see if it is a good size or if I have to try again!  

I needed to move my cat away from the center of my bed, so that I can spread the quilt layers out and smooth them out for the basting.  After I smoothed them, the cat got in the center again!

If you've ever had a cat decide that they want to be in the center of a project, you know that they can seem to weigh a ton when one tries to make them move!  They seem to have a mental ability to increase the pull of gravity!

My beautiful Chica is now the main quilting buddy!

3 comments:

  1. Polly & Honey reckon this is what you have to expect from a pesky cat.

    Hope you have a good week. Sue, Polly & Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your quilting clips work. I would imagine that quilting is a cat's dream come true. When I was crocheting the blanket for our bed I couldn't get Elliot off it - and he's not even a cat!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.. my doggies do the same thing if i spread my blocks out on the floor! Doggie Tested and Approved!

    I use basting spray in a can to hold my layers smooth before i machine quilt mine. but don't use the cheap Dritz stuff from Walmart.. it gums up the needles and STINKS! .. .I use the more expensive stuff with a coupon at Joanns or Michaels of Hobby Lobby called June Taylor a light purple can... works so much better.....Hope to see you at Pancho Villa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.