Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Friday, December 6, 2013

The pink beaded collar

Perhaps you remember the pink beaded collar I made for Fleur?


Yesterday, I finally got it finished.  I had not been using it on Fleur due to the weight (remember her neck had been injured) and the edge needed something.....but I was not sure what.



A few days ago, while enjoying time with other RVers, I asked the ladies for ideas on finishing the edge of the collar...we looked at round silver beads, round black beads, delica seed beads in different colors, and the after trying these ideas, Jan said that she had something that would work.  She got out a packet of black metallic cylindrical shaped beads, and said "try these".  The following pictures are showing the results.


Black cylindrical beads sewed to the edge of pink beaded collar




Collar with ribbon connection for Martingale type collar



Picture showing Fleur's beauty alongside the beautiful collar!





Special leash I made to go with the collar
So for all you who think pink is great on female greyhounds, what do you think?

13 comments:

  1. I think Fleur looks BEAUTIFUL in her new pink color! Very princess-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that you would say "queenly" instead of "princess-y" ! After all, I've outlived the other royal hounds in my realm.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! And especially on Fleur. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Fleur's all dressed up and nowhere to go:) Beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur goes out among her subjects every day, and while she doesn't always wear her crown, she does wear the royal jewels!

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous! Love the colour too. You are all set to go to the Christmas ball now Fleur.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, glad you like the color. I was afraid that the pink would not look as good on a while and tan hound, as it would on a black hound.

      Delete
  5. I love the collar and good for you at the nice job of it. My little dog, Sparkle has a big glittery collar but her's is a purchased one. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fleur, that collar is DIVINE! You are the luckiest Greyhound around!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bunny, Dawl-ling I'm so glad that you like it!

      Delete
  7. I love it! It is so unique and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink is mumma's favorite color! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.