Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Paper Fetish

Such Innocence!
I wonder if greyhounds are born with a paper fetish!  Both my female, Fleur, (age 10) and my male, Power (age 2) are crazy about paper towels and Kleenix.  They search for it, jump on it tear it up, and then walk away as if they never were there.  In the picture above, I was visiting my friend Barbara, Power saw a paper towel under her dog's water dish, pulled it free and shredded it!  He didn't make a sound!  

This type of paper shredding happens any time he can find a paper towel or Kleenix.  He doesn't care about any other kind of paper.

My girl Fleur does the same thing.  It's a mystery to me.  They don't seem to want to play with the paper, and they are done with it very quickly!

UPDATE : I was getting ready for bed and heard something tearing...You betcha!  Power had found a paper mailing envelope and shredded it.  So it is not limited to paper towels and Kleenix!

6 comments:

  1. Someone shared a theory with me that they like shredding paper so much because they use it for bedding at a lot of tracks. I think there might be some validity to it, because if they were laying there with not much to do, I could see doing extra paper shredding as a fun past time. Bunny will still get things made of paper sometimes and start shredding them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had that problem. Joey will try and eat a paper plate if I give him food on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny you say this...Freedom, Casper & Nikki don't have a paper fetish, but my girlfriend's Golden Retriever has it. One day when I was visiting, I put my paper napkin on the counter and walked away from it. My girlfriend quickly corrected me. She told me that she was quite confident her Golden Retriever had already noticed the napkin and was plotting how to get it. I said, "No way," because he was lying down as sweet as could be. She said, "Watch," and we left the room for about 3 minutes. When we came back, the napkins was all over the dining room in a million little pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with houndstooth. Most racers are given bedding of shredded paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beryl is a champion paper shredder :) Now that I've trained myself to keep important bits of paper out of her reach I just sit back and enjoy the performance. It's all done very seriously like it's her mission in life. Magazines are best as they take quite a while to turn into confetti:) She will usually do this on a bed and then lie down amongst the bits of paper with a very satisfied smirk on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We fulltime in our class C with 4 retired show dogs. Two of them love paper towels and kleenix. They love to eat the kleenix and will eat any paper if they get it little pieces and wet. I hate this but am glad to hear they are not the only ones

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.