Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Sunday, June 9, 2013

What is it.....?

I have two greyhounds, and I have two dog beds in the motorhome, and two dog beds in the yard.  I think that my dogs (my lovely babies) deserve to be comfortable and be treated really well.  Over the years, I've spent more money on dog beds than I've had to pay for my clothes!  My dogs like to dig at the bed both before, during and after settling down for sleep.  Their dog beds mostly get torn up before two months have gone by.  I have been buying the beds at Walmart, usually at about $39.99 each.  I think they should last at least longer than two months.  In January I was at a city which had a Sam's 
Club, and they had dog beds for $39.99 with the brand SERTA on them.  They claimed to be memory foam.  I bought two of them, and moved the worn ones to the yard.  These two beds have been a cut above the previous dog beds, and have needed resewing only once.  So, my question is .......WHY DO THE DOGS LIE IN THIS MANNER?




The bed is largely uninhabited!





9 comments:

  1. They like their butts to be comfortable and don't care about their heads. LOL Ours do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I like your answer, and I also want to know how you got your hound to wear glasses.(See picture above)

      Delete
  2. Mine do it too! I don't understand it at all. Those beds from Sams last forever though. I bought one there about 6 years ago and it is still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha. I think every Greyhound owner has pondered this question. One of the most popular beds at our house is a little teeny weeny bed made for a dog about half their size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I was washing their beds and put the cat bed down so I could dust the dash, and one of the Greyhounds got on the cat bed and tried to curl up enough to fit on that tiny bed!

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha! It's a mystery for the ages! I think they do it just to make us wonder why...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Greyhound thing:) I have rigid beds to Polly here, with soft pads and blankets in them, as she loves to nest. I have a soft one at my dad's. whatever bed Polly is in, she usually hangs out of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I did really well buying a secondhand single fold up bed in excellent condition. Plenty big enough for Beryl and Frankie. Frankie thought I did well too, hopped on it straight away. Beryl wouldn't go near it. She prefers my super king sized bed and has to be smack bang in the middle with her head on the pillows. She likes a bigger bed, lol. Yes, she is a bed digger too but thankfully not on my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first thought was that it was cooler on the wooden floor. But you know what? She is so long, you'd have to buy her a REAL bed if she was going to stretch out and fit. Between her hind legs, front legs, long body and long neck/head, there's no way she is going to stretch out and fit on a DOG bed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.