Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Help with critters!

I often see critters, but sometimes don't know what they are.  Recently I posted about a mammal which crossed the road and hid in the grasses.

I wasn't at all sure what it was, so I asked around, and the consensus among the staff at the park are that this is an American Badger!  I sure wish I had got a great picture, instead of this.

I also had been seeing some really beautiful grey, black and white birds, but couldn't get a good enough long look at them.  I was running my dogs with the car last evening, and one of these beautiful birds was perched in a bush, so I stopped the car and got the camera out and got a couple of good shots of this bird, before I had to move on (traffic).
Black throated sparrow
The beauty in nature is so healing to the soul!


4 comments:

  1. That's so funny - who would have thought you would see an American Badger? It never would have entered my mind.

    Great catch of the Black throated sparrow, they have such beautiful markings. :)

    Any more owl sightings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capturing wildlife with a camera is a talent that I admire! I don't usually get very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people don't like sparrows but I for one think they are darling. We have the little chipping sparrows here and they just crack me up so tame and little. And their markings are so pretty.
    A badger wow who would have ever guessed that!

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.