Beautiful sights

Beautiful sights
Horses at blue water Lake state park

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Desert in Bloom?

I always enjoy the blooms of the various plants that are in my locations.  Earlier this week I got to see this year's first blossoms. I was elated to see the Claret cup hedgehog cacti starting to open their lovely buds!
Claret cup hedgehog cactus

The green center of the bloom, and the purple around the green center, and the yellow-green color at the inside base of the blossom, are mesmerizing to me.  So much beauty is overwhelming.


3 comments:

  1. You had to go and publish this today, didn't you?

    This morning we had snow in Milwaukee. My daughter -- just up the road from the house we are trying to sell has crocuses blooming and I think daffodils -- and now we get snow. Not the latest day for snow by any stretch -- our snow free day is supposed to be May 15 or something like that. But we don't really "need" it now.

    Thanks for the mixed blessing: envy and joy.


    Cheers,
    Peter
    A retired photographer looks at life
    Peter Pazucha dot Com
    Life Unscripted on Wordpress

    ReplyDelete

Due to strange comments from anonymous persons, I will be moderating comments for now.